It is a non profit org. they make there call list from the phone book each year and are exempt from no call list. To halt calls you should get unlisted number.
D in MN
I have gotten several calls from this number lately, but they have never left a message and now hang up before my answering machine picks up. My caller ID has recorded calls in the morning, afternoon and on weekends. The last call from this number came in on Sunday afternoon. . . very annoying!
I've gotten a call from them and they said they were the Fraternal Order of Police South Dakota State Lodge in Sioux Falls. I am still researching them. They want me to send $12 for a donation to their cause. The funny thing is I thought all SD numbers were 605.
K in Rochester MN
I got a call from them just a min ago asked for me and When I said no I wasn't home and asked to take a message they said no message and hung up.
B in Grand Marais, MN
The caller called and asked for me by name. My boyfriend said that I wasn't home. They asked if he was my husband. He said that no, he was my boyfriend. He asked if he could take a message, and they said no and hung up. I tried calling back, but the number just rang and rang.
Got a call from this number, and when I said "Hello", there was nobody there. Very annoying!!
A woman called and asked for me by first name only. My wife asked to take a message. The woman said, "no need to waste pen and paper, I'll call another time." Very uncool, very annoying. I tried to call the number from different phones and even tried to block my number from their caller ID. They never picked up ... it just rang and rang.
My wife answered and they asked for me by name. She said I wasn't home and asked to take a message. He left a name (chris owens?) and said he'd call back... acted like he knew me? Never heard of him.
I've received numerous calls from "Safety Services" on my CallerID: 12/30/07 4:52 pm, 2/28/08 3:04 pm, 2/28/08 8:52 pm, 3/3/08 1:24 pm, & 3/27/08 3:33 pm most recently. No messages have ever been left. Today I was home and answered the 4/6/08 2:35 pm call. Caller: "Is June there?" Me: "No, she's deceased." (She died over one year ago) Caller: "I'm sorry" and hung up. I've been on the Do Not Call list for almost a year. I'm very annoyed that when I did answer I didn't get any answers as to who was calling, why, and being given an opportunity to take my name off their call list. Let's hope they don't call again!
They just called, I answered and they hung up without even saying who they were.
Safety services is not just one number; it is probably in every area code harassing people in every state. The number showing up for us is 402-896-1815. This same "Safety Services" has been calling us since 2004 (after I foolishly gave to a police charity one time), and I've had repeated run-ins with them, trying to get them to stop calling (sometimes multiple times a day), but they persist, obnoxiously, year after year. I complained to the FCC once, but was told that since the various "law enforcement" charities the so-called "safety services" call for are considered 'non-profit', they have no obligation to respect the do-not-call list or people's requests to be left alone. I called "Safety Services" and quizzed a man who answered, who was extremely rude, and would not tell me any information about what they are about. He did mention that they were in Omaha, and that he had 27 guys working for him, so couldn't know who was calling me (what????!) He called me "buddy", they way an angry cop might to a criminal. What a black eye these so-called charities give to law enforcement!
Person named Jennifer calls - mostly on weekends- and asks for my husband. She will not answer any of my questions, just states she will call again. Telling her not to call does not help! It is very irritating and right now I am thinking about not donating to any police-related charity. Maybe that wiil get somebody moving and seeing that way of getting contributions actually stops people from donating.
Called at 7:30 PM on Sun 4/27/08, Listened all the way through our VM greeting and allowed a few second blank message to get recorded. We have no idea who they are or why they called.
I used to work for this company (sorry) and this post is exactly right! The company is Safety Services LLC at 750 Transfer Rd in St Paul and the office phone number is indeed 651-917-5300. I have a few insider pieces of information that may or may not anyone feel better, but are useful. Please read them all as they should help with solutions to getting so many calls.
* This is a legal business. While that means that nobody is going to go to jail for scamming you, I know what they do (and regretfully I did) can be very harrassing. The good news is that because they are a legal business, they fall under the jurisdiction of the MINNESOTA STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL and THE FTC. Don't call the police, call the AG! What they do is tightly regulated and employees are required to follow a script by the company (which often doesn't happen). If you get a call from them, WRITE DOWN THE TIME OF THE CALL (and the number). If there was ever a thing that got management upset was getting a contact from the attorney general because it means fines and headaches for them.
* ALWAYS PERSONALLY ASK TO TALK TO THE MANAGER TO HAVE YOUR NAME REMOVED FROM THE LIST IF YOU DON'T WANT FURTHER CALLS. There is such a high turnover of employees that the caller doesn't care, especially on cold calls.
* "Kick outs" (people that did not pay the pledge they made) are usually not called again. It hurts their bottom line to waste the postage. Also, callers are paid bonuses based on how much money the write up, but unpaid pledges can reduce their paycheck even if a lot of money comes back through the door. If you feel like the caller was rude, you can get him back personally by making a fake pledge ($500) and not paying it. Small way of sticking it to them.
* The reason you get repeated calls that hang up and leave no message on the machine is that the calls are mostly dialed by their own computer dialer that is maximized for most calls made. If the dialer modem hears a beep from your answering machine, it just hangs up and calls someone else. This is not a rude person (usually). You should be polite but firm with a caller because of the next point.
* The MAJORITY of new employees have criminal records and it seems to be the first stop out of Ramsey county work release and re-entry. Here is a true cautionary tale. I worked with a guy named Anthony Macioch (http://www.channel4000.com/news/1703538/detail.html). He was a sex offender and after talking to some woman on the phone, copied her address from the computer screen never came back to work. The next night I saw him on tv because he had cut off the tracking bracelet from his ankle and was on the run from police. A coworker whose mom worked at Re-entry said he was convicted of raping an elderly woman. It still sickens me and frightens me that people like that can be allowed access to so much information. The bottom line is YOU DON'T KNOW WHO IS ON THE PHONE, SO BE KIND.
someone called from this number and then when i answer they hang up i tried to call back always busy
My husband donated to safety services about a year and a half ago and we have been plagued ever since. They stopped calling for about five months but now they are calling about 5 or 6 times a day. They even wake me up in the morning because I sleep late since I am sick. My husband complained to the Better Business Bureau yesterday but I doubt it will do anything.
Got another call, asked to speak to Jerrod. Jerrod was apologetic and assured me my number would be removed.
recieved call, they hung up. I called Jerrod, the office manager at the 917-5300 number. He assured me that my number would be removed immediatelly. We'll see
ONE BBB COMPLAINT IN 36 MONTHS??
We have been getting 3-7 calls a day on our caller ID they call up to and even once after 9pm. 7 days a week. Used to show up Safety Services now shows up as Private. I agree that they are VERY rude. They either don't respond when you answer, they hang up, they ask for someone then hang up or when you say that person is not there they immediately state they will call back later (at 8:45 pm your going to call back later?) and hang up on you. They do not answer when you call back. If you ask any info they hang up. If you do get someone to not hangup, they make you feel as if you are 6" tall, they degrade you tell you your lying, or harass you to the point that you hang up. I think these people get off on us getting irritated. see what I found below on the Minnesota BBB. ONLY ONE COMPLAINT PEOPLE, COME ON LETS GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD AND CLOSE THESE PEOPLE DOWN.
Serving Minnesota and North Dakota
2706 Gannon Road
Saint Paul, MN 55116
Principal: Mr. W. John Bill
Customer Contact: Mr. W. John Bill - (651) 209-3356
File Open Date: August 2007
TOB Classification: Services (General)
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.
The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company
Customer Service Contact
Mr. W. John Bill is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at (651) 209-3356 before filing a complaint with the BBB.
The BBB processed a total of 1 complaint about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 1 complaint closed in 36 months, 1 was closed in the last year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU CALL MR. BILL (HA HA HA HA) YOU DON'T GET AN ANSWER EITHER. SO HOW CAN YOU CALL HIM BEFORE CONTACTING THE BBB.
need to do something about this company. Call at all hours and never are there.
they continue to call my number they never leave messages, or if i pick up there is no one there. this needs to stop!!
called and didn't leave a message
Annoyed me 3
I have recieved calls from this number in the past couple of weeks. Answer the phone and they just hang up. I'm already on the do not call list. I would tend to call this harrasement and if I ever got a chance before they hung up I would let them know it.
They just called. Wouldn't say anything. After about 3 Hellos from me they hung up. Its Sunday the 30th of Dec. I see the last post was Nov. 7th. Looks like there back again.
My dad donated money a few years ago. since then they call us on and off. we are on the do not call list. but they call us anyways. today we blocked their number and hopefully we will not get anymore calls from that number.
Called came up as "Private" on my caller id. Hung up once I answered.
Why can these guys not be blocked? Is it because they are a charity?
They block there number in order to get u to answer there call. They are trying to trick u into answering there fund raising scheme.
Safety Services LLC is at 750 Transfer Rd., St. Paul, MN right next to the Amtrak station. Their phone number is 651-917-5300. Evidently since they are collecting for charity, they think that harassment of you is justified--even if you have an unlisted number and are on the national do not call list. They will only speak with the name on the phone bill. Call them or stop in to insist that they remove your number. They may lie to you. However, I have gotten them to stop calling at least for a few weeks. Evidently, your number is in their computer that keeps dialing you. We should all speak to our representatives until a law is passed against these parasites who repeatedly disturb our lives.
have recieved calls from this same number, what do they want because they never say anything,what are they all about and its time to put a stop to crap like this.